Windows 11/10 Battery Status Tool
With laptops, it is sometimes important to know how good the battery is. A tool in Windows makes it possible to display various battery performance data.
You can use powercfg.exe to control power schedules – also called power schemes – to take advantage of available sleep states, to control the power state of individual devices, and to analyze the system for general energy and battery life efficiency issues.
The report contains information about the battery, such as
- SERIAL NUMBER
- DESIGN CAPACITY and FULL CHARGE CAPACITY in mWh
- CYCLE COUNT
- Battery drains over the last 3 days
- History of system usage on AC and battery
- Charge capacity history of the system’s batteries
- Battery life estimates based on observed drains
- Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install
Example saving the report in your Documents folder using Windows command prompt:
powercfg /batteryreport /output %userprofile%\documents\battery-report.html